CEO of nationwide trucking firm, Interstate Distributor Company, describes growing a new acquisition firm to highly engaged, profitable and safest fleet in the nation. Loaded with high performance best practices, leadership effectiveness and real people stories that build team, success, and great business results.
Marc Rogers | President & CEO | Interstate Distributor Co.
Marc Rogers serves as President and CEO of Interstate Distributors. Interstate began operations in 1933 with one truck hauling product from Washington to California. Today, Interstate operates 1,700 company tractors and independent contractors across the United States. Interstate provides transportation services including dry van and refrigerated trucking, intermodal, and dedicated services for many of the Fortune 500 companies. Headquartered in Tacoma, WA, Interstate is a wholly owned subsidiary of Saltchuk, a diversified holding company. Rogers has led Interstate’s growth and focus on excellence being recognized for its commitment to the environment, being an employer of choice and a service centric organization.
- Top 50 Green fleets by HDT; EPA smart way certified carrier since 2004; and awarded in 2013 as one of Washington states ‘Greenest companies’
- Recognized by Inc. Hire Power Award #66 of top 100 job creators in the nation
- Awarded Top fleets to drive for in 2014 & 2015 and Top three ‘Safest Fleets’ in North America the last two years.
- Received ‘Above and Beyond’ award from the Department of Defense for our support of active and reserve military as a flexible employer
- Recognized as transportation partner of the year award by many of the organizations partner shippers.
Before joining Interstate, Marc Rogers served as Senior Vice President for Schneider National, the second largest trucking company in North America. He oversaw the $1 billion operations of the Van Truckload Division. He also spent time at Knight Transportation in various management roles. Marc was raised in California and Arizona prior to graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree from Brigham Young University and an MBA from the University of Phoenix and executive education from Columbia University. He and his wife Allyson are very active in the community. They both serve in various church and local youth programs to promote education, community service and self-worth among teenage youth. Marc currently serves on the board of directors for Emergency Food Network in Tacoma and The American Red Cross south Puget Sound chapter. Marc, Allyson and their five children reside in Gig Harbor, WA.